Source: The Talking Kitchen, Lauren
A different (healthy) spin on your usual french fry.
5-6 Yukon Gold Potatoes, cut into thin fries
2 tbsp Olive Oil
1/4 – 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
1/2 – 3/4 tsp Sea Salt
Pepper, to taste
1/4 c. loosely packed Cilantro Leaves, finely chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F, and get a baking sheet with rack ready (If no rack, just line with foil/parchment paper and drizzle with olive oil).
2. Cut the potatoes into fries and place in a bowl of cold water to soak for a few minutes.
3. Drain the water and dry the fries with paper towel. Once dry, toss the fries with the olive oil, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
4. Lay on a baking sheet in a single layer, preferably one that has a cooking rack so the fries can have the air circulating all around them (and no need to flip.)
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes depending on your oven and how crispy you like your fries. If using a baking sheet without a rack, halfway through the cooking time, flip the fries.
6. Once done, toss fries with cilantro in a bowl.
Enjoy by the handful!