Source: Baking Bites, Nicole
These zesty lemon bars are truly for the lemon lover.
They have a nice thick shortbread crust, topped with a simple silky lemon custard.
1 1/2 cups All Purpose Flour
1/3 cup Sugar
1/4 tsp Salt
1 tbsp Lemon Zest
1/2 cup Butter, room temperature
4 large Eggs
1 1/3 cups Sugar
1 cup Lemon Juice, freshly squeezed and strained
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 9×9-inch baking pan with aluminum foil.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, salt and lemon zest.
3. Cut butter into chunks and add to flour mixture. Blend in with an electric mixer at low speed until mixture forms coarse, sandy crumbs.
4. Pour into pan and press mixture down into an even layer.
5. Bake for 16-19 minutes, until just lightly browned around the edges.
6. While crust is baking, make filling. Whisk together all filling ingredients in a large bowl.
7. When the crust comes out of the oven and is still hot, pour in filling mixture.
8. Bake for about 20 minutes, or until filling is set and does not jiggle when the pan is gently shaken.
9. Cool completely before slicing. Top slices with confectioners’ sugar to serve.