Source: Squawkfox, Kerry
Okay, first of all, I love popcorn! And I love how quick microwave popcorn is, but I’m not a fan of the artificial ingredients and the cost. Popcorn should be simple and inexpensive. This recipe is much healthier and cost effective, $3.50 for about 25 servings (bowls). Plus you can top it any way you like!
1. Get a brown paper bag, your classic paper lunch bag.
2. Add a 1/2 cup scoop of bulk popcorn kernels to your brown paper bag.
*I found when using a 1/2 cup of kernels the popcorn ends up bursting through the bottom of the bag before the popcorn finished popping. Try 1/3 or 1/4 cup.
3. Fold the bag over twice. Don’t use staples to secure the bag — this might spark in your microwave.
4. Stick the popcorn bag into your microwave. I just used the popcorn setting on my microwave. The original recipe suggests 3 minutes on high. Stop the microwave when the popping slows to one to two pops per second, or it may burn.
5. Pour the popcorn into a bowl and add your favourite toppings!
-Classic: Butter and Salt
-Mexican: Chili Powder, dash of Hot Sauce and Salt
-Hold The Kiss: Onion Powder and Garlic Powder
-Cheesey: Parmesan Cheese and a dash of salt
-Sweet: dash of Cinnamon, sprinkle of Sugar and drizzle of Honey